Monday, March 10, 2014

FIRST CAMPING TRIP OF THE YEAR!!! AND A NEW WHAT?!?!


On Wednesday, we took our Toby to the groomers for the first time. Every other time we have tried to maintain his mop ourselves! I was incredibly nervous because he gets really bad anxiety when it comes to trying to get around his face. I was certain they would have to use some sort of sedation to calm him in order to complete his cut!! We dropped him off at 8AM and by noon I was going crazy with worry, so I called Shelby Center (The vet we take our pets to, they are amazing!) just to check up on him and see how it was all going. To my surprise they didn’t have to use any sedation at all!!! She said he was doing just fine and that he had a few places where they had to get really close to the skin and he had been scratched so he was soaking in an oatmeal bath! He got a green bandana and we went and got him the cutest sweater when we picked him up! Now that he has been shaved and is clean we are going to try our hardest to keep up with the grooming so he doesn’t have to be shaved again!



For dinner we went to one of our favorite places, Olive Garden, it was delicious as always!! We were going to watch a movie when we got home but we stopped at Target; like always we got sucked in and spend too much time/money in there! Haha I did get a really cute sweater from there though!!

When we finally got home, instead of watching a movie we downloaded a new map of Zombies and killed a few “walkers”! haha


Thursday, Taylor came to visit me and have lunch since she is on spring break from UT Martin! We went to Five Guys, neither one of us had been there before. We both got the bacon cheeseburger, IT WAS HUGE!!!! After lunch we grabbed some Starbucks, I had screenshot a picture from Starbucks that looked really good! When we got there instead of trying to explain the order to the guy I just handed him my phone. The ending result was hilarious, it’s a good thing I am a big Harry Potter fan!!!
I work for my mother in-law at her store, Tricie’s Treasures, as the store manager! So after lunch and coffee, Taylor and I went back to the store and just got to hang out for a few hours!! I have so much fun with her! We tried to get a good picture for my blog….it took about 30 tries before we finally got a decent one!! Before she left, Tay bought a coffee mug from the store!!




Thursday Jamiee bought me a new card reader so I was also able to FINALLY get some old pictures and videos off of my camera! They were pictures from our recent trip to the Memphis Zoo, and some HILARIOUS videos of my youngest sister, Addie, singing when she was about 7!




Friday my in-laws came to the store and brought some new tables and a gorgeous new dresser we are going to use to replace the display cabinet we had been using as our “Check Out “ counter!
After work, Jamiee and I drove to Southaven to pick up MY NEW CAMERA she got me for an early birthday present! When we got to Best Buy and started walking around, I saw the prettiest purple chrome Xbox controller!! She also got me the controller for my birthday! I am so blessed to have a wife that spoils me!!


Saturday afternoon I got off work early and Jamiee and I went to Chickasaw State Park for the night! We also took Crucial, our lab, it was his second time camping and he loved it! He got a steak, pancakes, bacon, sausage, and chilidogs!!!










We go a new tent for a wedding gift from my dad; this was the first time we had set it up. Surprisingly it only took us about 30 minutes to get it all up. It’s huge, it has two rooms and I can stand up and actually jump in it!! HAHA! Since it’s only the beginning of March, we knew it would be a little chilly. It was FREEZING! We took a space heater in hopes it would heat up our tent enough to stay warm, it didn’t! But it was all worth it; we love camping, no matter the weather! We camped next to a guy with his two dogs, on the side of his van was 2milliondogs.org and of course I searched it! It's about dogs with cancer, I would definitely recommend going and checking it out!







When we woke up Sunday, we started a fire and had a delicious breakfast! After we packed up camp we drove around to the lake and had lunch by the water, it was so beautiful! Once we got back to Memphis, Jamiee and I went to John’s house for dinner. He had his daughter, Gabby, so we had a blast!








Today, we went and looked at cars!! I have a Chevy Cavalier that I hate, it is falling apart and the gas gauge has been broken since I bought it! HAHA! So first I went by myself to Jim Keras Chevrolet, I have never been so insulted in my life!! I went in knowing I wasn’t going to be getting in a new car….or really a great car for that matter! Jamiee and I both have below average credit so we knew that it was going to be a struggle! I told the guy that I had bad credit but had X amount of cash to put down today. Well he ran my credit and pretty much laughed in my face and told me that I wouldn’t be able to get into a better vehicle for at least 5 years! I couldn’t get out of that parking lot fast enough! When I left there, I had a different car I wanted to look at down the road. I went to All Approved Auto  (I know you’re thinking well what a sketchy sounding name! I thought the same thing! But never judge a book by its cover) as soon as I walked through that door, a man named John greeted me! He was the nicest most positive guy ever, he told me to have a seat and he would get me into a car! *cue excitement!!!* I gave him all of my information and got Jamiee to do the same from her computer at work and we were approved!!! Now it was just time to wait until Jamiee got off work to go and pick out my new car! LONGEST AFTERNOON EVER!!!!! Once she got off work we went up there and met with Matt, the owner of the lot, he was even nicer!! I didn’t think that was possible but it was! After a few very long hours…
I GOT MY CAR!!!  A 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe, I named her Luna, it’s perfect! John even gave me a $10 gift card to Dunkin’ Donuts! I honestly didn’t know how I felt going into this place this morning but I really couldn’t have gone with a better place! They make you feel so comfortable, and really work to get you into a great car!

I’d say this week was a very big one for us!! We got our first camping trip of the season down, Toby got a fancy new hair do, we bought a CAR, and I got my birthday presents early!! We even knocked something off of our bucket list!! I would say that is a win! Can’t wait to see what new adventures we can get into now with my new car!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!

    Chickasaw is my absolute favorite campsite! so many good memories there!!!

    ReplyDelete