Friday, April 18, 2014

Finally back! its been a while..

Wow! It has been a while, SORRY!! We have been so busy lately. I believe the last we left off it was my birthday! J Well the next week Jamiee and I started back at the gym and have been going ever since! So far so good! I’m 2 weeks in and down 3lbs (gotta start somewhere!) The weekend after my birthday, my family volunteered at my aunt’s church for her annual Special Needs Easter Egg Hunt. We had a blast as always, we work the food! It’s such a great way to interact with every single person that comes through there!
Each Sunday we are both off so we try to change up our daily cardio, two weeks ago we went to Shelby Farms and rented bikes! We went on a 6+ mile ride!! It was fantastic, and such a great workout!

Last week, we went to our friend John’s house for a bonfire for his stepdad’s birthday! We had so much fun, plus it was cheat day and I had been looking forward to it for the entire week! PIZZZAAAA!!! We got Papa Murphy’s; if you have never had it I HIGHLY recommend it! We love Papa Murphy’s it is a Take N’ Bake pizza place and it is fantastic! We just got pepperoni and it lived up to every expectation I had! The bonfire was great and we got to hangout with some awesome people.
That Sunday, Jamiee and I met John, Josh, and John’s daughter Gabby at the park in Shelby Farms. We had a great time; we threw the Frisbee and then did the ropes course and played on the slides! After we left there J and I went to the dog park and walked around there for our cardio! I love getting to see all the dogs running around! Next time we will definitely take one of our dogs.

Monday we woke up to some terrible news, Jamiee’s grandfather, Daddy Pete, passed away. He has been in the hospital but it was still a surprise and it hit us rather hard. Needless to say this week has been a very crumby one! We had visitation Wednesday and the funeral Thursday and it was beautiful. Jacque, Jamiee’s sister, lives in Georgia and couldn’t make it to Tennessee for the funeral so she called The Patriot Guard Riders to attend. Our Mission
“The Patriot Guard Riders is a 100% Volunteer, Federally registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization which ensures dignity and respect at memorial services honoring Fallen Military Heroes, First Responders and Honorably Discharged Veterans.”  It was truly amazing! What a wonderful way to send off a wonderful man! I didn’t know him all that long but after one family holiday with him you knew how big his heart was and how he loved and cared for his family! It was a blessing being able to know him! Daddy Pete will be forever loved and missed.
Tuesday night, while looking for pictures of Daddy Pete at Jamiee's parents house we came across some epic photos...


YOU'RE WELCOME :))

Thursday we had an article come out in the Commercial Appeal! It was so fun, and there is a picture of us right in front. I look incredibly awkward and silly but it was still such an honor being in it!

It has been a crazy few weeks and tonight we finally get to go see Divergent!!!!! I am SO excited! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment