Thursday, May 29, 2014

Georgia on my mind!

What a great weekend!!

Wednesday night Jamiee and I went to her parent’s house and curled up in a (not so big) RV! At about 3am Thursday morning we rolled through and picked up my brother and sister in-law and hit the road! It was a long LONG 13-hour ride to Ludowici, GA! Once we finally got there, we said our long over due hellos and grilled some burgers for dinner! Meaghan and Trevor, Jamiee’s oldest niece and her now husband, had to drive in from Jacksonville, FL so they got there about 8 Thursday night. We had such a blast laughing and talking all night!

Friday morning when we got up, Jacque, Jamiee, Kayla, and Jamiee’s parents all went to Wal-Mart and the grocery store to grab some things for the weekend festivities! Jacque’s husband, Mike, is retired military so we went to the store on base! It was my first time ever being on a military base so they drove me around and showed me where they lived when they did live on base! It was really neat!

They have an area of trees planted for the fallen soldiers from that base; it was really upsetting seeing how many trees there actually were!

When we got back to the house we got to hang out and relax for a little while, I made Michael a slideshow for graduation. It was so much fun to make because I was able to go through old pictures and since I wasn’t around while they grew up, I felt like I was there! HAHA They really enjoyed watching it and I just loved being a part of it! Friday night Michael graduated from Long County High School!! He looked so handsome in his cap and gown and we were all so proud of him! He is a BADASS guitar player with incredible dreams of making it big, which I have no doubt in my mind he will conquer those dreams! I can’t wait to be in the front row screaming, “THAT’S MY NEPHEW!!!” We are definitely proud of that young man.
We had a graduation party for Michael on Saturday; it was such a fantastic party! We set up a volleyball net and Michael brought out his guitar! We all just sat around and relax, had a few drinks (and by few I mean we went through a few coolers full of drinks). It was just a great time getting to relax and catch up with the family!

Jacque and Mike have some friends named Cory and Mary; they’re the definition of a badass!!! We love them! They have the most precious one year old named Serenity. Mary made some Apple Pie Moonshine Saturday afternoon for the wedding on Sunday, 3 gallons of it! It was delicious, although I was only able to have a few sips, just to say I’ve tried it!

We had a pretty relaxing morning Sunday, or at least as relaxing as you can have before setting up for a wedding! Jacque, Jamiee’s mom, and my other sister in-law went about noon and met up with Meaghan and Kayla at the hotel to help them get ready. Michael, Jamiee, and I went to Trevor’s parents house to finish setting up. We had gone over the day before to get as much done as possible so all we would have to do was set out the flower arrangements the day of! Her theme was kind of country/rustic and she did SUNFLOWERS!! It was absolutely beautiful! The weather got a little cloudy and thundered for a few minutes but all in all it turned out perfect! Meaghan looked breathtaking and Trevor looked so handsome! They make a wonderful couple and I’m so glad I can say I was there and got to help out for the wedding. 




I made a slideshow for Meaghan and Trevor as a little wedding present and we played it during the reception! It was so fun to make and watch. Everyone really loved it!

We loaded up the RV Monday morning and headed home, it was definitely hard saying goodbye to the Frey family! Michael actually came back with us and is going to be staying for a month or so! We are incredibly excited about that!!! :)

When I got to work Tuesday, the air conditioning was out and it is now Thursday and we are FINALLY getting it fixed!! Needless to say….I am melting!


Overall we had a FANTASTIC little Memorial Day vacation and got to some long overdue family time!

I can't wait for the next few weeks, we are going to the Sevendust concert in Tunica, and we will be doing a lot of fun things with Michael being in town!! It's going to make for some awesome blogs! Stay tuned!<3

No comments:

Post a Comment